- Accurate model of Birchfield industrial fire tube boiler.
- Perfect for flatcar load or your industrial model.
- Manufactured in USA
- Measures Approx 33.8 x 15 x 23.9 mm LxWxH
- [ 1.3 x 0.6 x 0.9 inches]
- Ready to detail paint and weather as desired.
A fire-tube boiler passes burning gases through tubes running through a sealed tank of water. Heat transfers through the walls of the tubes, boiling the water to create steam. These boilers were manufactured to utilize either coal, oil, or natural gas as fuel. The steam produced would be used for manufacturing processes, or to heat a building.
Imagine your layout with one or more of these boilers on a flatcar headed from your boiler-manufacturing plant to an industrial (or governmental) customer facility.
Other items (rail car/track & workman) shown for size comparison only - Not included.
Scale model is for display and operating model railroad load / modelling and is not a child's toy.
For use by railroad modelers age 14 minimum.