- Accurate model of U.S. Radiator Corporation Pacific Steel Boiler Division LoSet model industrial fire tube boiler.
- Perfect for flatcar load or your industrial model.
- Manufactured in USA
- Measures Approx 55.8x 27.6 x 46 mm LxWxH
- [ 2.2 x 1.1 x 1.8 inches]
- Ready to detail paint and weather as desired.
A fire-tube boiler passes burning gases through tubes running through a sealed tank of water. Heat transfers through the walls of the tubes, boiling the water to create steam. Pacific Steel Boilers were manufactured to burn fuel oil. The steam produced would be used for manufacturing processes, or to heat a building.
"Pacific LoSet Steel boilers are designed to satisfy the most rigid codes for the proper burning of all grades of oil. Greater direct heating surface permits faster steaming, saves fuel. 15lbs steam or 30lbs water boilers standard." - 1958 Pacific Steel Boiler Division Catalog.
SBI rating, steam (240Btu): 36430 sq ft.
SBI Rating, water (150Btu): 58280 sq ft
SBI Rating, Btu/h: 8743
Imagine your layout with one or more of these boilers on a flatcar headed from your boiler-manufacturing plant to an industrial (or governmental) customer facility.
Other items (rail car/track & workman) shown for size comparison only - Not included.
Scale model is for display and operating model railroad load / modelling and is not a child's toy.
For use by railroad modelers age 14 minimum.